Cambridge Audio Azur 851A Integrated Amplifier
Nothing prepares you for the sound quality of our 851A. Rated at 120 Watts per channel and built with a fastidious attention to detail, it presents your music with astounding depth and incredible clarity. The precision volume control provides remarkable stereo separation, while the overall effect is to give your music collection a new lease of life.
Rather than use Class A or Class AB amplifier designs, we developed a novel and unique new design called Class XD, which combines the sonic purity of Class A and the efficiency of Class AB for the best possible result. For more info on this patented technology click here.
The primary toroidal transformer provides unrestricted power to the dual mono amplification blocks. It’s a true audiophile transformer that will operate without distortion and with no buzz, interference or hum. While a second, smaller toroidal transformer takes care of pre-amplification processes. For more information on toroidal transformers and why we use them view the videos below.
- POWER OUTPUT: 120W RMS into 8 Ohms 200W RMS into 4 Ohms
- THD (UNWEIGHTED): < 0.001% 1 kHz at 80% of rated power 0.01% 20 Hz - 20 kHz at 80% of rated power
- AUDIO INPUTS: 2 x balanced XLR, 8 x RCA inputs
- AUDIO OUTPUTS: Preamp output Record output
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 10 Hz - 50 kHz +/- 1 dB
- S/N RATIO (REF 1W): > 93 dB (ref 1W/8 Ohm)
- INPUT IMPEDANCE: Inputs 1 and 2 (balanced) 20 kOhm, Inputs 1-7 unbalanced 20 kOhm Rec Input 20 kOhm
- POWER AMP DAMPING FACTOR: > 110 at 1 kHz
- MAX. POWER CONSUMPTION: 800W
- MIN. POWER CONSUMPTION: Active (no signal) 70W
- STANDBY POWER CONSUMPTION: Standby <0.5W
- TONE CONTROL: Shelving type Max bass boost/cut +/- 10 dB at 10 Hz Max treble boost/cut +/- 7.5 dB at 20 kHz
- COLOUR: Silver or black
- DIMENSIONS (WXHXD): 430 x 115 x 385mm (16.9 x 4.5 x 15.2”)
- WEIGHT: 15.0Kg (33lbs)
- IN THE BOX: Azur 851A Integrated Amplifier, Power Cable, 3 x AAA Batteries, Remote Control