Silent Angel NX Network Switch
As with all Silent Angel products, their objective is to ensure the device operates at a stable system voltage, sends precisely timed packets and reduces extraneous output noise. SA has found that even the smallest enhancement can slightly improve sound quality and the implementation of many small enhancements can unleash the ultimate potential of High Resolution Streaming Networks. Bonn NX is the culmination of everything we have learned about engineering Audio-Grade Network Switches: it delivers the highest sonic performance currently available.
- Eight richly gold-plated Gigabit Ethernet Ports feature critically spaced ports calculated to minimize potential signal interference.
- Class-leading Radar-Grade internal switching power supply module, a technology exclusive to noise-sensitive acoustic equipment.
- Perfectly timed data transmission.
- TCXO (Temperature Compensation Crystal Oscillator) greatly lowers network latency issues and jitter effects.
- Brand new chassis design consists of two layers of different, carefully chosen materials: the inner layer is galvanized steel while the outer layer is thick, high-quality aluminum alloy. This extravagant construction maximizes shielding and control of eddy currents while damping vibration and noise. Sleek modern design adds great aesthetic appeal, making Bonn NX a functional work of audio art.
- 12V DC power jack bypasses the internal switching power module, enabling connection to an external linear power supply (Forester) for a significant performance upgrade.
- Gold-plated ground connection terminal provides further noise reduction.
- TCXO clock (25MHz):: Eliminates extraneous frequencies and generates a pure and precise clocking signal. High precision, ultra-low phase-noise signal output as the clock source for our Ethernet switch system.
- Power source circuit for TCXO clock: Utilizes multi-stage power filter technology, removing crosstalk and noise at different frequencies 10MHz, 100MHz and 1GHz and feeding purified power to the TCXO module.
- Power source circuit for switch system: Ultra-low-noise voltage regulator circuit, capable of processing wide dynamic range power. Features highly-efficient circuit design and fast response time. Powered by TPS56623x series which maintains lower output ripple under ALL load conditions.
- AC power filter circuit: High isolation common mode choke circuit for AC power input prevents noise pollution from AC power sources such as other network-connected devices or power systems.
- Exclusive, customized Silent Angel power module: Wide dynamic range AC to DC power module. Stable, low-ripple noise, secure protection circuit, well-covered by an alumni heat sink.
- Connect to the optional linear power supply. DC Jack for external 12V DC LPS.
- Receiving the external clock input port (gold-plated, at 25MHz).
- Internal/external clock selector switch.
- Power Input: IEC; 5.5x2.5mm 12 volt / 1 amp
- Interface: 1000 Mbps Ethernet (8 total); Clock Input Switch
- Dimensions: 17.29 x 2.49 x 9.95 inches (WxHxD)
- Weight: 14.34 lbs